Fall Welcome Events
Prior to coming to CSU, both the B. E. S. T. staff and the professional staff, prepare summer correspondence for incoming new students regarding student organizations, events, and services offered by the Black/African American Cultural Center. A highlight of these activities features the distribution of welcome bags to new freshmen and transfer students. An ice cream social and a cookout/mixer is also sponsored by the office as meet and greet events. These events also showcase student organizations that cater to the needs of Black/African American students.
Look out for these events:
- Ramapalooza (August 18th, 7pm - 10pm)
- Ice Cream Social // All-Org. Resource Fair (August 23rd, 4pm - 6pm)
- B/AACC To School Barbeque (August 31st, 4pm - 7pm)
- Ram Welcome Concert: (August 24th)
- Rocky Mountain Showdown (September 2nd, Kickoff at 6pm)
- Football Rally (September 9th)
- Rites of Passage Fall Retreat for First Year Students (September 15th - 17th)
The annual off-campus, community building retreat allows first-year and transfer students the opportunity to build a community with one another, work on personal/professional development, learn about and be exposed to diverse identities, and gain a bit more cultural awareness.