DEADLINE is Friday, March 31, 2023
- The Vivian L. Kerr Outstanding Student Award – Recognition of a student who has demonstrated significant active involvement in the African American campus community and contributed to the betterment of the community.
- The Dr. Dawn Person Outstanding Graduate Student Award – Recognition of a graduate student who has demonstrated significant involvement and the betterment of the African American community.
- The Dr. Blanche M. Hughes Distinguished Faculty/ Staff Award – Recognition of a faculty/staff member who has made a notable difference in the lives of African-American students at Colorado State University. Please note: Black /African American Cultural Center is not eligible for this award (i.e. Duan, Brandi, or Adrian).
- The Bruce E. Smail Diversity Award – Recognition of a student who has made significant contributions to campus-wide social diversity and inclusion.
- The Paul Chambers Outstanding Student Organization Award – Recognition of a registered student organization that demonstrated outstanding community enrichment through exemplary programming and servitude. Greek-letter organizations not applicable.
- Outstanding Student Award (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior) Nominate one student (can self-nominate) from each class which has excelled in activities or organizations this academic year (2022-2023). Be sure to note any leadership positions held within organizations (officer, program chair, etc) demonstrating how the nominee has excelled and why they deserve this recognition. Minimum cumulative 2.25 grade point average.
- Jennifer Williams Molock Outstanding Greek Chapter Award – Recognition of a Greek-lettered organization’s local chapter who has contributed to community enrichment through service, programs and academic achievement. Minimum cumulative chapter GPA must be at least 2.5 (as of Fall 2022 grade reports-to be verified by the Office of Greek Life). Please also include the name/address of the alumni chapter primary advisor for verification if necessary. Only organizations recognized by CSU and consisting of at least one CSU student is eligible for award)
Name of the nominated Greek organization and why: (only include those programs/activities conducted in Fort Collins/Larimer County)
- The Bill Green Outstanding Student-Athlete Award – Recognition of a student-athlete who have demonstrated outstanding leadership traits and community involvement (please indicate sport student is involved in and name of head coach for verification). The award recipients must have been actively involved in John Mosely Student-Athlete Mentoring Program and cumulative GPA must be at least a 2.25
- The Black/African American Cultural Center’s Outstanding Rites of Passage Mentee Award – Recognition of a mentee who demonstrated exceptional involvement in the Rights of Passage program (i.e. retreat, monthly outings, academic programming, and Real Talks) Only Open To Peer Mentors.
Nominate or self-nominate in each of the following categories. Explain in DETAIL why you are nominating yourself, students and/or faculty staff members. Nomination will not be considered without details of nominees (please do not just submit names). Nominations must be between 150-300 words. All nominees must be currently enrolled for the 2022-2023 academic year, undergraduate students seeking first bachelor’s degree and who have earned a minimum 2.25 cumulative grade point average at the time of nomination (unless otherwise noted). In your nomination letter be sure to state the student or faculty/staff person’s name, the award you are nominating them for as well as why they should be considered for the respective award(s).